Are you looking to rent a boat in Frisco, CO?
Frisco, Colorado is a major tourist attraction in Summit County. You can find a variety of things to do in the area. This town is often called the “Main Street of the Rockies” due to its perfect location.
In the summer months, Frisco offers many outdoor activities such as boating and fishing. If boating interests you, there are plenty of boats available for rental if you don’t have your own.
In this article, we’ll explore the options of renting a boat in Frisco. You’ll learn about the rental service providers, their boats, and most important rules regarding the rentals.
Frisco Powerboat Rentals
The top place in Frisco for powerboat rentals is the Frisco Bay Marina. Here, you can choose between fishing boats and pontoon boats. In high season, you may want to book early.
The pontoon boats have a capacity of 10-13 people, depending on the boat’s size. The 20-ft pontoon boat holds a maximum of 10 people. However, the 24-ft boat can accommodate 13 people at most.
The navigation of pontoon boats resembles car driving. You won’t need any special knowledge to handle these boats. The pontoon boats have 90 horsepowers and come with a bimini that covers the boat’s back half.
Pontoon boats are an excellent choice for those who want to head out with their family or friends. Pet are also allowed on board! The no-fuss Evinrude ETEC engines ensure a smooth experience.
The fishing boats are rather spacious. Even if you are at full capacity, there will still be room for gear. All the fishing boats have 25 horsepower engines.
These boats have Evinrude ETEC engines and tiller steering capabilities. You’ll have no issue getting to your beloved fishing spot quickly. The fuel is included in the price of the fishing boat rent.
You can be sure that every rental includes a bobber and two hooks and sinkers. It’s also possible to rent fishing poles. They cost $15 for 2 hours, or $20 for a full day. Licenses and bait are available at the Marina Office.
Note that it’s compulsory to have a fishing license for anyone over the age of 15 in Colorado.
Frisco Paddle Sports Rentals
At Frisco Bay Marina, you can get non-motorized options as well. The canoes and kayaks are available for anyone wanting a quieter or more physically challenging time on the lake. As with powerboats, it’s a good idea to reserve well ahead during the high season.
The canoes available for rent are Old Town Guide 160’s. These will be perfect for a small family outing as it holds about 2-3 passengers. If children go on the boat, their minimum weight requirement is 30 lbs. Lunch is also available on these canoes.
Do you want to have full control over your craft? Single full-size kayaks are available for anyone 12 years old or older. Children kayaks are meant for children between the ages of 7 and 12. They will get a child paddle, too.
As a parent, you can relax because all the children kayaks have tethers. If they are unable to paddle or get too tired, it’s always possible to tow them without any issues.
Tandem kayaks are built for two people, so it’s great for couples or friends. It’s also a good option for a parent and child. If your child is unable to command a kayak on their own, this will allow them to get onto the lake with you.
The child passenger has to be at least 30 lbs on a tandem kayak. The age limit is 12 or older.
What Else Should You Know About Frisco Boat Rentals?
Take a look at some of the top things to note before renting your paddle or power sport craft.
- You aren’t allowed to switch passengers due to safety reasons.
- The head count always includes both children and infants.
- Dogs are prohibited from paddle sports crafts.
- When you rent a boat, you need to leave your car keys in exchange at the office.
- Captains have to be at least 18 years old and fully sober.
- Beaching of the powerboats isn’t allowed.
- The prices are subject to change: double-check the prices that you may have found on third-party websites.
- No heaters and grills are allowed on board the watercrafts.
- All of the powerboats and paddle sports crafts have a minimum rental time of two hours.
Important: COVID-19 Boat Rental Guidelines
The COVID-19 pandemic impacts the boat rental in Frisco Bay Marina. There are some new guidelines and practices put into place to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
- Rental start times are staggered between groups. This is done to minimize group interactions in the Marina office and on the docks.
- Boat renters needs to maintain a distance of at least six feet. This restriction is in place both inside and outside.
- All powerboat group sizes are restricted to a maximum of 10 people. The group size regulations adhere to the State and County Public Health Orders.
- No walk-in rentals allowed. You need to reserve your boat online or call 970-668-4334.
- All paddle sport and power boat equipment are disinfected between each rental. The Frisco Bay Marina staff uses effective products to keep the equipment clean. Any personal flotation devices (PFDs) are disinfected as well.
- You are asked to stay home if you are sick. The same rule concerns the marina employees.
- Only one person from each party is allowed into the Marina office. Anyone entering the office needs to wear a face covering.
In a Nutshell: Frisco Boat Rentals
Frisco Bay Marina has plenty of boat rental options available throughout the season. Depending on your preferences, you can opt for a powerboats or paddle sports. Whichever type of craft you choose, a fun day out at the lake is guaranteed!
For more information, contact Bighorn Rentals.